“Luxury Villa or Luxury All-Inclusive Resort?” is a question I often get asked when designing luxury vacations for busy professionals celebrating a life event. Simply put, it comes down to a matter of choice. Based on my experience I will provide you with the Pros and Cons for both.
- More of a private setting where you don’t have to share the pool and your neighbor is not on the other side of the wall
- Villas are a bit quieter since they are usually built in small neighborhoods
- They are spacious and can come with equipped kitchens, private pool, multiple bedrooms and other amenities
- Villas are great for close knit groups who like to stay under one roof.
- Although you have a private pool, it’s your only option
- If you are in a quiet neighborhood, your celebration levels must be controlled unless you want neighbors knocking on your door.
- You have to shop, cook, and clean yourself while you are on vacation. Or pay additional fees for these services
- There is one fixed price for a villa. If you are dividing the price among friends/family and they cancel, it affects everyone
Luxury All-Inclusive Resort
- Variety of all-inclusive restaurants/bar options with 24 hour room service. Plus there are multiple pool selections to satisfy your needs.
- A dedicated concierge service to help you maximize your vacation stay with excursions, spa treatments, transfers and more
- Entertainment is provided daily
- The opportunity to meet other guest from all around the world who are staying at the resort
- Sometimes finding that perfect seat by the pool or beach may be a challenge if you don’t get up early
- Your friends/family will be in separate rooms
- Requires pre-planning to meet with friends/family on the resort
- Limited privacy
Overall, both Luxury Villas and Luxury All-Inclusive Resorts have progressed through the years. For example, there are some luxury villas that have a limited all-inclusive resort option and concierge service. Also, there are some all-inclusive resorts that have areas with private villas that still give you all the all-inclusive resorts amenities. If you have any questions regarding villas and resorts, please feel free to reach out to me.